What's the most romantic thing to do on Valentine's Day? Going out with your loved one to eat at a nice restaurant? Working on homework together? Hell no! Going climbing is the correct answer :)
Yep, you guessed it. Instead of going out to eat or doing homework (which I'm going to start as soon as I'm done with this post...hee hee), Chris and I went to the gym. After warming up a bit, I tried a new route, a 5.9 which is a little bit above my skill level (I am usually climbing 5.8s - the larger the number, the higher the skill level), but I totally rocked it! It was such an awesome feeling because everything just clicked. I was mentally in the zone and my mind was solely concentrating on what move I had to do next. I was confident in my feet placement even when it didn't feel solid, and I just went for it. It was a really fun route, but tricky in spots. It required the use of not only the hand holds, but also the natural holds with an interesting start.
Anywho, it was a fun climb and it completely boosted my confidence because of how I worked through it and tried different moves and techniques. Woohoo! Great way to spend Valentine's Day :)
14 February 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah - you totally rocked that route. It was especially cool since you had not seen anyone do it before you and figured it all out on your own.
For other readers, I wanted to note that you decided to go climbing and this is not a case of the boyfriend forcing you on a terrible V-Day date...
That was the best Valentine's date ever! Don't kid yourself :)
Post a Comment