Today has been a crazy day. I started out being depressed about Banjo and then realizing I had to think positively about the decision to give Banjo up even though every time I thought about it I got extremely sad. I got progressively better throughout the day because we were having a lot of fun with him, playing and him generally being silly. It seems like every couple of days we've been finding new ways to play with me (meaning he's playing with his wide array of toys). Today it was tug-of-war with the rope bone. He was even fetching, which is kind of rare for him.
We were both feeling crappy about the situation and then some things happened: the foster family didn't call until about 5pm and my mom called to say that they would consider taking care of him until we would get a house. You really surprise me sometimes Mom because that would be an incredibly amazing thing for you to do, and I greatly greatly appreciate it!
Gina and Perry came over this afternoon to hang out since it's been far too long since we've seen them, and we spent the afternoon eating, watching movies and playing Wii. I also had a good talk with Kim which made me feel better (so thank you). I'm going to call the foster family again either tomorrow or Tuesday to discuss the situation with Banjo and to see if they can provide any more resources for us to deal with the separation anxiety. Chris and I are going to work with Banjo more about varying routines and desensitizing and counter conditioning our leaving for work. I'm really hopeful that this week will be less stressful than last. I can't believe how much of an emotional rollercoaster this past week has been though. Crazy times. I can only hope that we're providing Banjo with a good home because that's the main thing I'm concerned about.
By the way, I have been feeling extremely vulnerable talking about our adventures with Banjo because there are times when things are up and down and all around, but most of the time Chris is the only one that sees it. So I hope I'm coming across as just human and not super crazy human. No smartass comments daddYman!
19 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're just no fun...
Post a Comment