We're getting a dog!!! I know this seems sudden, but I have been seriously contemplating getting a dog for quite a while now. After having a poker night with some friends, Chris told me one of them just adopted a dog from Pet Haven, a local humane organization, and they had a really good experience.
So out of curiosity, I started looking around their website. And of course I looked at the dogs they had available for adoption. There was Banjo, a seven-year-old male beagle. I started reading his profile and it sounded pretty good. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to apply for him. What sold me was this video which was made by his previous owners who gave him up:
I laughed so hard and fell in love with him instantly. I talked to the landlord and the other tenants and everything was a go. I sent in my application and heard back right away from the current foster family.
You may be wondering why the previous owners gave him up. Apparently he can get really aggressive. The way the foster family described it is he's the best dog ever 90% of the time, but there's 10% where he can get weird. He doesn't do well with kids and can get aggressive towards adults. I got some really great material from my friend Autumn that will help me counter condition him and how to have a solid relationship with him.
He's coming over Saturday morning and I couldn't be more excited. I will be his primary caregiver since Chris's schedule is all over the place and because I'm the one that wants a dog right now.
I will be sure to post pictures and let everyone know how it's going soon. There will be an adjustment period for him to get used to us and his new surroundings. I can't wait for Pokey to meet him!
09 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We will miss you on Easter - hope you chocolate bunny makes it until you come up in May! It didn't take you any time to reschedule from Sunday to Saturday. I think you will be happy you are giving the extra time to adjust. Love Mom, Dad, Pokey and Slasher
Post a Comment