My throat is sore and I've coughed up my right lung already, which can only mean only thing: the beginning of allergy season. Although having a sore throat sucks and coughing a lot really sucks, it's kinda fun to have a baritone voice for a couple of days. Plus I get some sympathy points from various people :)
Switching topics, this weekend was really fun because my parents came down for a visit! My dad hadn't seen our apartment yet and they even brought Pokey so she could meet Banjo. My parents brought me down my plant stand and some more plants along with our Easter basket (which I've mostly finished already because I've had intense chocolate cravings). I've been wanting to see my parents for some time, but then when I was supposed to go up there, we ended up getting Banjo and we're planning on going up there Memorial Day weekend.
I think Pokey and Banjo got along quite well, until Chris came back and Banjo was being protective of him. But I took it as a good sign that Pokey was allowed to sniff around Banjo's stuff and even drink out of Banjo's bowl. It will be fun for Banjo to play around on Pokey's turf, as long as Pokey doesn't show Banjo where the "good stuff" is.
I've made some progress with Banjo too. In the mornings, Banjo has had no interest in going outside until he's ready (he's definitely not a morning dog). On Monday morning, I was kind of frustrated, so I started packing my lunch. Banjo came into the kitchen when he smelled the open peanut butter jar. I gave him a little after puting on my shoes and a little after putting on his leash. He was still a bit reluctant to move towards the door, but quickly warmed to the idea when I opened the door. Then this morning, I was making my lunch again and Banjo wandered into the kitchen, so I quickly and calmly swooped down and put his leash on without him growling at me. That is huge! I only hope that this becomes a trend, even if I do have to lure him every so often.
28 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We all react to the "peanut butter on the finger" trick.
Post a Comment