02 May 2007

So Close to Being Done!

My last week-and-a-half is shaping up, but I am lacking serious motivation. I was doing so good when I was writing the bulk of my professional paper, but now that steam is gone. The only thing that really keeps me going is the fact that I will be graduated in just a week-and-a-half.

I have turned in the second draft of my professional paper and still hope to be able to schedule the presentation before graduation. I don't know if I will be able to though because one of my committee members is extremely busy right now.

I do have some really exciting news: I got that foot-in-the-door internship! I am excited that I have a job for the summer. Money will look so nice in my bank account before it leaves a split second later :)

And to top it all off, I have started exercising again by stealing my aunt's bike and taking it for a ride through the park reserve. I haven't ridden a bike for a year, and so I still feel kind of wobbly, so I bought a helmet from the U (deeply discounted, which was great). I look like a total dork, and Connie has a picture to prove it. Why do we have to look so retarded to prevent ourselves from taking a fall and ending up retarded? (I borrowed that from Christopher btw). My lungs hate me since I haven't worked-out seriously for a really long time. But it will get better....I hope...

No comments: