Yesterday was our graduation ceremony, and it was busy and tiring but an overall great ceremony. It lasted about two hours with two great speakers: the student speaker, a former English teacher (correction: former tenured English professor), brought some wonderful insights from literature to discuss the different ways of viewing the world and that we have to decide for ourselves the path we want to go down, at least that is what I took away from the speech. Our commencement speaker was Norman Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute. He opened up his speech with quite a bit of comedy - made me laugh - and then got into a discussion of policy initiatives that need to be worked on. Good speech, but unfortunately I was really warm in the gown and hood which caused me to get a little sleepy. Perhaps if you want to know more about what was said, you should ask someone who was a little more awake.
Afterwards there was a reception where I got to see some of my friends and professors, and get a ton of pictures taken of me. Chris's sister took a lot of really fun pictures which I will pass on as soon as I get them. For now, here is a pic that Mom took:

After everything quieted down a little, my family and Chris's family went out to eat at Khan's, a really good and really neat restaurant in Roseville, which was basically a stir-fry that you put together with whatever ingredients you want and then you give it to the cooks to fry it up. The goofiest part in my opinion was me ordering hot tea when I was boiling all afternoon. In my defense, the tea was excellent.
So now I'm going to take this week to rest before I start my internship next Monday. I'm hopefully going to be doing a lot of reading, biking, crafty stuff, and good 'ole relaxing.
No comments:
Post a Comment