26 May 2007

Iowa Track & Field

In order to start off the already three-day weekend right, I took Friday off work and headed down to Des Moines with Chris to help him photograph the Big Ten Regional Track Meet at Drake University. Although I was primarily along for the ride, I was put straight to work (after I offered of course). I ended up running errands for Chris, but also attempting to take a lot of pictures. It was a chance for me to see Chris in action as well as figure out some more about how to take good pictures. He ended up using a couple of my pictures, one of which is this:


The main reason that I skipped out on work is because we wanted to spend some time together before Chris left for Tanzania for a month. His plane takes off tomorrow morning, and then it's a great long flight for him...you can read more about it on his blog.

The U set us up in a suite (super nice!) with a king-size bed, which we lost each other in. It was as if we were on opposite ends of the world - very comfortable. We drove back Saturday night after two days of shooting in both sun and clouds/drizzle. It was a good experience and tiring. I have an even greater respect for the work Chris does.

No comments: