29 May 2007

Gone to Africa

Chris has begun his very long trip to Tanzania - I just dropped him off at the airport. I didn't know how I would react because he'll be gone for a month, and I already miss him, corny as it may sound. After the nervousness of simply getting there, I'm sure that he'll have an amazing experience, and will hopefully come back the the States in one piece.

As for me, I'll keep myself occupied with exploring the trails in Elm Creek Park Reserve, reading a ton of books (the stack of books to read continues to grow), spending some time with friends, and hopefully climbing at V.E. It will definitely be a big change in routine for me since I've spent so much time with Chris over the past how many months.

I am excited for this coming weekend though since I will finally be going home to see my parents and Pokey. It will be good to spend time with them without having to worry about studies. I'm sure I'll miss school someday, but I don't expect myself to begin glorifying the experience for at least a few years.

2 comments:

gina said...

he'll be back before you know it ;) but i agree, it's no fun when your sweetie is away. honestly i last about 3 days without perry before i'm like, "okay, i'm done." ;) i think having done the 4 months apart was enough for me...

Christopher Mitchell said...

I miss you too and I'll be back super soon. I hope you have a good time in Longville - don't forget to blog about the books you read so I can follow from time to time =)