I've finally decided on a topic that I'm actually interested in: exploring the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA). The FTAA would combine all countries in both North and South America (excluding Cuba of course - we wouldn't want to associate ourselves with communists) into one gigantic free trade agreement. If it sounds ambitious, it's because it is. I will be looking at the various ways negotiators are proposing to create this trade agreement as well as explore the feasibility of it.
I wrote a paper about the subject last semester for my National Security Policy course, arguing that the agreement was an issue of national security since more economically-integrated countries are more likely to be cooperative and friendly. This argument was of course sparked by my need to write about a national security issue in my "post" on our mock National Security Council: Director of International Economics.
Any suggestions would be very helpful :)
29 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The only thing that matters is getting rid of sugar tariffs. I'm sick of corn syrup sweetener. It is less healthy, takes more energy to create, and damnit, it just tastes inferior to good ol' Havana Sweet.
Can I quote you on that in the paper?
Post a Comment