Banjo and I got through our first night of trick-or-treating (Chris was shooting the Gopher football game and missed out on the fun). The action started around 7. We got about 60 kids over the course of two hours. I was expecting 100+ given our location, but 60 was pretty good. It was fun seeing the kids and hearing their reactions to my costume. I'm going to have to do that every year!
Banjo behaved for the most part. I distracted him with a bone and whenever I saw a kid coming to the door, I snuck out into the porch. Sometimes Banjo figured out what I was doing and howled in the livingroom, but he was pretty good most of the time. Everything slowed way down after 8 and I was disappointed to see that so many of the neighbors don't hand out candy. I think it's because this half of the block has a lot of old-timers in it who are likely on fixed incomes. Too bad.
One thing I was surprised by was how many parents were driving their kids from block to block. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me, especially since it was really nice weather out last night. It was good to see large groups of parents and kids walking around though. You have to work for your candy! A lot of kids were carrying around pillowcases as bags and one kid had a heavy load and he told me he had hit eight blocks already. Now there's working for your treats!
The funniest costume I saw was a one-eyed octopus - the kid made it himself and you put the candy in the monster's mouth. I loved it. A lot of the kids loved my costume, which is funny because all that was unique was the black wig, hat and feather boa - the rest of my costume was work clothes, black long-johns and winter boots. Happy Halloween!
01 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear you had a good time - Banjo's howling probably added to the scare!
Halloween is a good family custom - shame about Chris. Did you have some scary music?
Post a Comment