15 November 2009

Weekend recap

I've been working hard on Connie's shawl since I'm trying to get it done by next weekend. It's looking really good and I realize how much I like this pattern. I will post photos when I'm done. I'm also getting ready to start Chris a replacement U of M hat that he unfortunately lost a couple of weeks ago. Of course the local yarn store didn't have the yarn and I had to find it online and of course I didn't know what color number the yarn I used previously was. I took a stab at the color and got it right (phew!). I'm going to write that down.

I finally got out climbing yesterday with Kim - it felt really good and makes me realize how much climbing I've missed out on since we bought the house. Speaking of the house, we're getting a modest amount of firewood because both of us are really enjoying our fireplace (as I write this, I'm enjoying the sizzle of the not-so-dry lilac branches along with some drier wood).

I've embarked on my test two months of being off estrogen. So far so good, but it's definitely still in my system. I realize it's probably not the best time to be shopping for a wedding dress, but I'm not going to get it altered until much closer to the actual date.

Speaking of the actual date, we are going to get married on June 26th next year (save the date!). We will be sending out invitations next year. That's another thing that happened this weekend: Kim is awesome-o and helping us plan our wedding. We went over the general flow of the few days before to the day after. I'm quite excited even though it's going to be a lot of work to get there. I will be asking my family for some help with decoration ideas (simple and inexpensive - preferably something people can take with them so we're not left with a ton of stuff after the fact).

1 comment:

Auntie Coniver said...

The shawl is really beautiful and functional. I am using it all the time. What a talent you are!