25 June 2009

Bad news

We got in the appraisal of the house - it's $50,000 less than the price we agreed to. Talk about an emotional blow! I'm quite suspicious of the appraiser's report since they generally say the property is in good condition and the total estimated market value payable 2010 is $195,700. It did drop from the total estimated market value payable 2009 of $206,500, but I'm guessing that's because of the drastic market drop starting in November 2008.

I'm going to try to talk to the appraiser to bring up these questions and to ask about if they appraised it at this because of general market conditions or because of area-specific conditions (such as the Ford plant closing). There is a possibility we lost the house and I guess I'm prepared for that (after breaking down about an hour-and-a-half ago of course). Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Let us know if anything changes - things will work out for the best. There are other houses out there - you don't want to start out in the red! PS - Tell Banjo his bones are in the freezer (will send home with Maggie if you aren't coming back up soon) Love Mom