While Chris is away in Arkansas, Banjo and I have been having a lovely weekend together. It turns out that Banjo isn't so crazy when Chris isn't here. He's only growled at me once (how dare I lean over and pet him when he's sleeping on the couch). He did bark at something (presumably a squirrel) at 7:30 this morning (sorry to the neighbors upstairs!). I took him on a long walk, and he was still fired up when we got home - he was zipping around with the last remaining toy squirrel in his mouth. Classic Crazy Pants.
I found out he doesn't like the fireworks that sound like gunshots - can't imagine why. Of course a house basically kitty corner from us had a massive amount of people over and they started shooting stuff off in mid-afternoon. Each time, Banjo would cower down and start shaking. He followed me everywhere around the apartment and hid in the most protected places (like underneath my legs that were propped up on the coffee table). We made it through though.
The best part of these past few days has been me letting Banjo sleep on the bed with me. Upon jumping up on the bed, he immediately proceeds to burrowing under the covers and snuggles beside me. I've found that if I'm not in the right position when I lift up the covers for him, he will take over 3/4 of the bed. Sound familiar to anyone?
Another thing that has happened is we found another house that we put an offer in on. We're waiting for a signed copy of our final counter offer at this point. It's a cute house a block off of Summit. Here's the listing for anyone who's interested in seeing some pictures.
I am not going to get excited until we have the inspection done and the appraisal done. Cautiously optimistic as Sue put it. It will suck a lot of this house doesn't go through not just because of the time and money we've put into it, but more because the first half of August is horrible at work meaning I likely wouldn't be able to look at places and then Chris starts his fall shooting in September. Ideally we want to get into a place in the second half of August.
05 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear you two had a good weekend. I bet he is in the bed from now on - the more you allow him to be a little person with fur the better his personality will become. Have a great week. Love Mom
Post a Comment