15 June 2009

Impressed with U's Extension Service

I've been thinking a lot about what sorts of plants I want in my future garden. I want to be sure to get ones that are well-suited for Minnesota and I want to get as many native wildflowers as possible. When I typed "perennial flowers minnesota" into Google, out came a link for the University of Minnesota's extension service, particularly a PowerPoint presentation of perennial flowers of Minnesota. I've also visited the U's extension website when I started thinking about composting.

I continue to be impressed by their information and their resources. I'm going to be referencing their website a lot over the coming months as I work on the garden and learn more about the soil in our yard, etc. I'm always finding out new things...

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love when you include the links in your conversation...saves me a lot of work.