We headed up for a long hike today at Mount St. Helens. When we looked at the temps last night, it said cloud cover and high of 70. When we got to the observatory, we noticed that it was downright chilly and there was a thick blanket of fog concealing the mountain. The new forecast was a high of 55. Even though we never did get a clear view of the mountain, it was a great hike and there was plenty of other scenery. Besides, we bought postcards at the gift shop so we know what it looks like on a clear day.
The greatest part of the entire trip came when we got home and I discovered I had sunburned a line on the middle of my forehead because I was wearing a bandanna. It looks so ridiculous and honestly, I'm perfectly embarrassed about it. Good thing I have long bangs!
When we get home next Sunday, I'll post some pictures. And Mom, I got you a present :)
By the way, Chris posted about our short time in Seattle and our trip down to Portland.
06 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds sexy. just like my texas longhorn (or india) burn. still have the tanlines....
Seems to me we bought you a nice packable hat last time you went out West! Glad to hear you are having a good time - better cold than hot!
Post a Comment