29 July 2008

Busy and busier

I experienced the calm before the storm at work: it's been quite a while since I've actually been busy, and now, things are starting to get crazy. There's a particular co-worker who refuses to admit that not everyone comes in at 9am and not everyone is willing to stay until 6 or 7pm. She insisted on sitting down with me for an hour tonight after I'd already been working straight through since 7:30am. Grr....

But it's the budget season, and things are bound to get a little crazy. I just hope that I don't wind up on the fourth or fifth floor of City Hall because I've killed someone. That might be a little harsh; I do, however, have a feeling that I will have fleeting feelings of pure hatred of people or of computer programs before these few weeks are over.

On to better news, we spent a relaxing weekend at my parents' house. While they may have thought we were bored, they could not have been more wrong! It was wonderful! Plus I got to give my mom her 30-some-year-old afghan! Here's a picture to show off it's awesomeness:


Mind you, the "afghan" completely covers a queen size bed. Yep, we made that. Good teamwork Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU AGAIN - IT IS BEAUTIFUL! With any luck you should get your wall hanging before another 30 years pass - just kidding. Sure was good to see you guys again - love you.

Anonymous said...

You are supposed to hate computer programs. For that matter, computers in general are made to be despised.

Christopher Mitchell said...

I think we should plan to go to DQ whenever you have a rough day at work. What could the downside be?