04 July 2008

Hello Seattle!

We landed last night at about 11pm (1am Central). I found out that I definitely cannot sleep sitting up in an airplane seat. I have such a hard time sleeping on my back (so much of a hard time that I rarely do). So after basically tossing and turning for the duration of the flight, I thought I would be absolutely exhausted, but after Chris's friend Brent picked us up at the airport, we ended up staying up until about 1.

After staying up really late, my body decided to return the favor of treating it horribly: I woke up at 6:30 and couldn't fall back asleep. Chris had the same problem (but he had a migraine too), so we both got up and started reading. I got started on the baby blanket I mentioned in a previous post. I'm afraid that I might be done with it over the course of a few days. But no worries: there are plenty of knitting shops in Portland and we're going to be camping next week for a couple of days.

We just got done having breakfast at a pancake place. I had cherry crepes - amazing!!!!! We'll be taking a train down to Portland tomorrow morning, which I'm super excited about because I have a feeling we'll be able to see some great scenery! Happy 4th!

No comments: