17 March 2008

Presentation Success!

Today was the day that the projects I've been working on for over ten months were presented to Council. I was extremely nervous (even though I did not present) because I've never had anything I've worked so long on go in front of a group such as the City Council. The work I did will affect the City's five-year financial direction including affecting each of the funds I worked on.

Luckily I had good news to tell, which the Council members were thrilled about. They were very excited to hear that the funds were doing better than originally anticipated and that we had such long-term detailed plans. Hard work can certainly pay off!

It was a good experience for me, and I'm glad that the plans were so well received. I was, however, hoping that there would be some difficult questions asked, but I've gotten a difficult questions throughout the process and from the departments we met with. All in all, I think it was a good first major project, one that will continue for quite a while since these plans will be updated annually. Congrats to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo. Now comes the letdown. After working on something so long, you will go into work today and try to figure out what to do.

Christopher Mitchell said...

awesome! Pew pew pew!!! (inside joke)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!