Tonight I went to a informational meeting about the Ironman bike ride that's happening on April 27. Chris and I have decided that we are going to attempt the 100-mile route (but that might change depending on the weather). I'm really excited to get outside and try out my new road bike! I've put a couple of hours in on the trainer (and as you know if you read the post previous to this, the first time didn't work out so well).
I'm excited for spring in general, but I really need to get outside and get a feel for the road bike. I might change seats again because I really like the seat I bought for the mountain bike. I also have to figure out some other aspects to ensure that I'm not going to be putting unnecessary strain on any part of my body. More than anything I need to put in some "butt time" as the speaker was telling us tonight. Sitting on those seats for a long period of time is not the most comfortable situation, but getting your rear used to being on a seat again after having the winter essentially off helps.
I can't wait for spring and for when the street cleaners come through to wash away all of the grit on the road. By the way Mother Nature, it would be great if it stopped snowing.
27 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stopped snowing? You think you live in SoCal???
Post a Comment