21 March 2008

Climbing awesomeness and green-thumbiness

With Chris down at his parents' place, I climbed with Garbe. We both ended up having a really good climbing night. I got pretty close to finishing the crack clean (but I ended up slipping out once). Then I climbed a 5.10c, which took me quite a while to get up because instead of making slow deliberate movements, I ended up trying to make dynamic ones and I kept falling off. But in the end, I made it.

Garbe, the street-shoe wearing climber, went right up some crazy routes. I think that kid would be unstoppable if he got climbing shoes.

Besides climbing, my green thumb has been busy. haha I re-potted the big pot of plants Chris's parents got me for my birthday. I suspected they would be getting root-bound because of all the blooming, and I was right. It was my first experiment with re-potting any plants, so we'll see if they survive. The good thing is is that they are all bulbs, easy to completely cut down and start over with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hate to burst your Pride Bubble but if they are Spring bulbs you should have let them die back then cut them off. They need a dormanent period to come back and bloom again in full glory. A lot of people put them in outside in their gardens. A cool dark place will work. Call me.