One thing I never want to do again is get myself dehydrated. How did I accomplish this you might ask? By being silly and not drinking enough. It was that simple.
Let me back up. Chris went down to his parents' last Thursday and was staying through the weekend, so Kim and I were going to drive down on Saturday morning. My foolishness started Friday night after climbing. I climbed really hard, and I should have eaten enough to replenish when I got home, but I clearly did not. I just wasn't that hungry.
Saturday morning came, and I had my regular breakfast of cereal and snacked on some toast mid-morning. I did a little bit of strength training, and drank about a glass of water. Not enough, but I didn't realize that until later. Anyway, Chris encouraged me to bring down my bike so I could put some time in on the trainer (we're planning to do the Ironman bike ride in April 27). When we got down to his parents, we had vegetable soup for lunch, and a few hours afterwards, I decided to get on the trainer.
I only drank a glass of water during my hour workout, and the way I was sweating, I likely needed at least twice that much. And since I was already likely dehydrated before I even started biking, it was a recipe for a bad night (and subsequently a bad next day) ahead.
About a half hour after finishing up, it was about time to eat dinner, and I got an extremely bad migraine, one that made me so nauseous that I couldn't eat. I had to go lay down for a while. Chris brought me in some soup, bread and lots of water, and kept checking up on me. After a few hours rest, I still had a bad headache, but was feeling better.
After a night's sleep, I got up and ate some oatmeal and toast and washed it all down with a tall glass of water. My migraine persisted though, and it's still bugging me now. I had to leave his parents' place before noon because I was not getting any better. I've been sucking down water and Gatorade all day, and sticking to bland foods (my stomach got messed up too), and the migraine is still hanging out. Grr...what do I have to do to make you go away!!!
By the way, migraines suck. Don't get them.
23 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, how are you doing today? Hope you start being more careful when you exercise. Love You
This is how you learn - now you can start pestering me to refill your water when training like I do to you!
Post a Comment