01 July 2007

Morning swim

This morning, my aunt and uncle and I went on a bike ride to the Coon Rapids dam. It was a quiet morning with fewer people on the trail than I would have imagined. When we first left, it was actually a little tiny bit chilly (surprising!). By the time we got to the dam, the temperature had risen quite a bit and the water was looking pretty good.

The last time we had ridden to the dam, I had been seriously considering taking a dip in the water. There is a public access and a dock and the water was warm, but I had decided not to because just dipping my legs in was good enough, and I decided to save myself the strange looks I would have gotten from the people that were sitting near the water's edge. This time, there was no one there. I went in and it was great :) I didn't swim for very long because I didn't want my aunt and uncle to have to wait for me. It was just enough to feel good and sopping wet.

We rode a little bit past the dam on another trail that turned out to not be exciting since it went through a neighborhood and onto a major road after winding along the river. So we went back, and the temperature had risen even higher causing me to shed some layers despite my midsection being unbelievably white. It was a nice ride.

I just finished the Rory Stewart book, and I'm sad that it's over. I'm definitely going to have to find his other book.

The exciting news is that Chris is on his way home :D I am a little bit excited (hee hee). I'm really looking forward to see pictures and hearing stories. Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend :)

No comments: