The past week has been horrid for anyone who lives in Minnesota. And it made me grateful that I was staying at a house with air conditioning. I don't think I would have survived without it (dramatization of course). In any case, I would have been tired and cranky all of the time rather than just some of the time - and anyone who has ever been around me when I'm tired and cranky knows how bitchy I can be. Eek!
To celebrate that the humidity is gone, I am going to take Shep out for a long walk in a little bit and read outside some more. Having breakfast on the deck is absolutely wonderful.
Not much else has been going on. Work is work, and over the next week or two, I'm am likely going to have to put in some overtime in order to prepare the Mayor's Recommended Budget. All of our section drafts are due August 6, and we haven't been able to start on them yet. Of course, I am responsible for all of the really major departments, the ones that are likely going to have tons of changes, so I might get a little frustrated. But that's all part of the gig, and I'm enjoying the job thus far.
Tonight, Chris and I are driving down to Rochester for his ten-year class reunion (man he's old! or I'm just really young). It will be fun to meet his friends. And I'm really excited that I get to sleep on the way back home (hee hee). We have to come back tonight because of the dog, which is fine because some of our friends are going to be racing in the Chisago Ironman on Sunday. Crazy stuff! So wish them luck!
Ok, enough of this - I'm going outside. Have a great weekend!
28 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment