15 July 2007

First Outdoor Climb!

A group of us (me, Chris, Kim, Issac, and the very entertaining Klinkers) went down to Red Wing for some outdoor climbing this morning. I was a little nervous just because it was my first outdoor climb (guess you could have figured that one out given the title of the post). I loved climbing outdoors and am really excited to try out some different sites, and hopefully start getting back in shape. I lost a lot during the month that Chris was gone because I just didn't go to the gym much if at all.

I successfully completed three routes, and I have to say that learning some about how to crack climb at the gym was a major help. I felt really comfortable and strong after the first warm-up route and even though there were a couple of times when I needed some help, for the most part I did fine finding ledges and smearing. Until we plan the next trip, we are likely going to continue practicing in the gym a couple times a week. Soon I will hopefully have some pictures of the trip to post once Chris has a chance to look through them.

The other biggish piece of news is that I am going to start housesitting in St. Paul for a professor at the Humphrey. I will be taking care of their dog and lizard (woohoo!) for six weeks. I'm really excited to have a small backyard and a deck.

And the reason that I haven't been posting must is because I've been enjoying the summer.
Chris and I have gone on a couple of bike rides. One of them was all around St. Paul cheering on Kim and Rachel during the Lifetime Triathlon. They both came in under three hours (they rocked!). It was really fun being there to cheer them on :) Chris got some good pictures of them - one of Kim is on his blog.

1 comment:

Christopher Mitchell said...

Both were fun, but we mostly biked around Minneapolis for the tri =)