20 July 2007

Housesitting

I started my house-sitting gig for one of the professors at Humphrey - and no, there will be no crazy house parties ;) It's just a couple of blocks from the St. Paul campus in a really nice neighborhood. I'm taking care of their dog Shep and their lizard Rizzo. Shep is slowly getting used to me after being really skiddish the first night. But he's a very well-behaved dog and is now sleeping at my feet while Chris and I watch Little Miss Sunshine. I love this movie :)

I'm starting to get into the routine of having a house to myself, and I'm loving it! This weekend I'm going to do some more cleaning and get some more stuff from my aunt and uncle's, and I'm looking forward to being able to sit out on the deck. I have to joy of cutting the grass with a push mower too, which should be an interesting experience for me.

Work is going well. Right now I'm in the middle of revising narratives for the budget and am amazed at how no one can follow a template or directions. The best way to describe it is being in a group project where there is a long paper due and one person is a slacker, and I'm not the slacker. Incredible that nothing ever changes: we're all just a bunch of kids with bigger vocabularies. On the plus side I've been given the nickname the format nazi. Exactly what I want to be called. ha ha Anyway, time for some ice cream :)

No comments: