After a horrible week at work, I'm now going to enjoy having a week off. With the department facing some major cuts, they asked employees to volunteer for budgetary leave. I decided to take a week, a much needed week after all of the problems we've been having with software over the past month.
Chris and I are seriously looking for a house, so I'm going to be weeding out some properties with our realtor this week. I'm really excited, and I'm glad that Chris is extremely level-headed about all of this because with any property that I really like but I know is not exactly what we're looking for, I immediately think of all the ways we could make it work. A coworker of mine put it this way: women are nesters. That's of course not true across the board, but it's true of the two of us anyway. The prospect of having a home of our own with a backyard that Banjo can patrol has made me want to move out of the apartment.
I'm going to also be working a lot with Banjo this week. We met with a dog trainer today who gave us a plan of how to get Banjo to stop being a growler towards me and how we can help him get over his separation anxiety. We've been working with him since we got him on this front and he was doing better, but then he started slipped backwards last week. I'm going to be employing lots of treats to help him get over this.
I'm also excited to get together with my aunts - it's been too long! And over the Memorial Day weekend, me and the boys are going to my parents' to spend some more relaxation time. I'm guessing Banjo will go nuts over all of the plaxes he can explore.
16 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds great! i loved house hunting... it was so fun to look at a bunch of different places :) you should send me emails of some of the listings - then i can do it again vicariously!
any knitting you're working on? i'm onto the first sleeve of my sweater.. have completed both fronts.
What are you doing with the aunts?
Post a Comment