29 May 2009

Made an offer

After feeling crazy for the last few days, we saw a house last night that we like and we made an offer on it tonight. It's a bit out of our comfort zone, but I think it's well worth it because it's ready to move in. The only thing that likely needs to be done soon is a new roof, and our current offer will have them take care of that.

I know that there will be negotiations back and forth and we won't hear anything until Sunday night at the earliest I think since they are out of town for the weekend. I'm nervous because there have been other offers on the place since it's been on the market (which has been over 100 days) and the sellers are choosy because they are in no hurry to move. They are selling because they want to move closer to family because of their baby.

It's interesting how fast everything is going to move. We have to get the place inspected within five days of the purchase agreement being accepted. Eek! Need to move quickly! I'm feeling excited and nervous.

I'm guessing some of you may be wondering what this place is like huh? It's located in Highland. It's a rambler, 1008 square feet with three bedrooms and a newly remodeled kitchen. It's got a gas fireplace in the livingroom, beautiful tile in the kitchen and utility rooms, dark wood floors in the livingroom and hall, and carpet in the three bedrooms. The backyard is private and in need of trees. There's good closet space and good colors on the walls. It's ready to move in!

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

gina said...

good luck! it's an exciting (and frustrating.. and scary..) process for sure. let us know when you hear! and send me the link - we'd love to see the listing :)