While I was expecting to basically sit around this week and get the things done that I've been putting off (like planting lettuce seeds and playing around with the sewing machine), things ended up very differently.
I did accomplish washing the carpet and did some relaxing. I spent part of the day Monday with my aunts which was fun. I also got to look at some houses. I found one I liked, but unfortunately it's a bit out of our price range, mostly because of the high taxes (we could offer much less than the asking price given that it has no heat, no plumbing and no appliances).
The not-so-good part of the week that turned out ok was that my uncle that has lung cancer had a mild heart attack Sunday night and had a procedure Wednesday morning. The procedure was to insert a stint since one artery was 99% blocked and another was 80% blocked. Beforehand, the doctor said they weren't really sure how things were going to go because they would typically do surgery but since his heart was very weak. Before the procedure, most of the family went down to bombard him before his prep - I'm sure anyone would love having a room full of people come in at just before 7 in the morning :) We got to hear some great stories about him from a friend that came down to see him. He did extremely well and is continuing to do well.
My mom came down the night before, and it was great seeing her even though it was not under the best circumstances. Banjo certainly enjoyed the company especially with all the great treats!
I enjoyed a migraine all day today - it's still hanging around. Banjo's enjoying the company today. We even spooned on the couch this morning, which you can imagine I absolutely loved. I didn't want it to end!
We're all going to be heading up to my parents' tomorrow to enjoy the Memorial Day weekend with them on the porch. We'll see how Banjo does up there will all of the great things to smell and all of the trouble Pokey can get him into.
21 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So it's Pokey's fault??
Post a Comment