Last night, Chris and I went to the Rage Against the Machine concert at the Target Center. Chris has been a long-time fan and was thrilled when he found out they were coming here. I've only recently been truly introduced to their music and it's pretty good stuff (I'm guessing not too many people that read this blog would appreciate it).
It was incredible to see all of the riot cops both outside and inside the building. They were really expecting some crazy shit to go down. The concert really was incredible. Everyone got really into the music and had a great time (some more than others of course). Rage put on a great show with a ton of energy. I'm really glad that my ears stopped ringing by the time I woke up this morning though :)
While we were heading home last night, there was apparently a group of people that marched and around 100 got arrested. Before everyone left, the band tried to make sure that people would leave the concert peacefully and really most everyone did. Even those that got arrested, it doesn't sound like much happened. It was a great show.
04 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment