I was contacted last week by a current student from St. Scholastica about my career as a financial analyst. He is very interested in working in the public sector and wanted to know more about what I do. It was very fun to talk to him and tell him about my job and about the key skills you need and about the various projects I work on, and about my educational path and what courses really helped me. It was great to here how enthusiastic he was about the things I was saying and it made me feel good to put him at ease a bit about not having to know everything when you come into the job; you learn as you go.
It amazing how easy it is to talk about a job you really like. I love the variety in the work that I do. Even though I may complain about it from time to time, I really do like my job and I'm so glad that everything worked out the way it did (meaning I'm grateful I got the internship and later the job!).
24 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment