Last night, we went to see the movie Juno, which for those who don't know is a movie about a sixteen-year-old girl who accidentally gets pregnant and her experience. Juno (the girl's name) handles everything incredibly well, first attempting to get an abortion, but then deciding to give the baby up for adoption. She finds prospective parents and develops a quirky relationship with them.
She is a major tomboy, but appears to be comfortable with her femininity as well. I must admit that if I ever have a daughter, I would be proud to have one like the character Juno. Very intelligent, complete smartass, and very unconventional. The movie has a great cast, and is very funny and very sad at times (much like real life). It really shows how relationships evolve over this short period of time and Juno, while still being very much a kid, displays wisdom beyond her years.
I highly recommend this movie to anyone and everyone.
09 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Be careful what you wish for. As someone who raised two kids that we [mostly] tried to encourage to speak out and question authority, sometimes it ain't all roses! On the other hand, the end result, after 29 years, is really pretty gratifying.
Post a Comment