Last night we had some crazy thunderstorms. I had been out at a moving-out party for Mary and her roommate and ended up getting home around 2:30 or so. When I was driving home, there was crazy lightning, but it was still a ways away. Within 20 minutes, after I had climbed into bed and was trying to fall asleep, it started.
It was loud, bright, and windy. Shep, the dog I'm taking care of, was terrified. He actually came upstairs into the bedroom, which he has never done. He needed to be by me, to make sure that we weren't going to die. He's not a fan of loud noises to begin with. I got up again and was checking around the house to make sure that it wasn't going to blow away, when the power went out. It flickered a couple of times, and caplooey. It was out until around 10:30 this morning. It's so annoying having to reset all the digital clocks.
We survived the storm (obviously). When Shep and I went out for a walk this morning, we saw some significant branches strewn across the sidewalks that were ripped off in the wind. I was surprised there weren't more. And luckily (thankfully) no damage here.
This morning was kind of nice not having power because I had it in my mind that I would have to start cleaning right away (vacuuming, laundry, etc.) but, alas, I couldn't do it. So I pouted on the deck, with a book. Damn.
11 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment