04 August 2007

Life in general

As the date quickly approaches for the Mayor's budget speech (August 15), we in the budget office are working hard to get the budget document ready. I put in some overtime already this past week and will almost positively have to put in some more next week. The days go by really quickly though because we are so busy.

Chris and I made our way to the climbing gym a few times last week though, and we've been doing quite well. I almost completed the crack climb, which is awesome for me. My hands are a little rough from that, but I'm hoping that I can build up some calluses. Chris has been pushing me to boulder more too, and we have decided that we should boulder more frequently. Bouldering means it is a much shorter route meaning there are no ropes, and the moves are much more dynamic and you have to do them perfectly. It's a great way to develop perfect form, which will really help when we rock climb. Of course one of the keys things that you need when you boulder is core strength, which is something I apparently don't really have anymore, so it's something I have to work on.

And I just finished Stephen King's Lisey's Story and I liked it a lot. I haven't read any of his books for a long time, so I forgot how much I like his writing. I basically read most of it on the bus to and from work. Great place to read. I'm starting Christopher Moore's Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story. He's pretty damn funny. Last night when we went to the bookstore, I found Mitch Albom's One More Day, which I am looking forward to reading. I have really enjoyed his other two books, and so I am confident I will likely cry a little during this one too. I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: