24 June 2007

Weekend at Home Home

I just got back from spending another weekend at Home Home. It is so wonderful, and I felt like I had just gotten there when I had to pack up and come back. I drove up Friday night and got home just in time to snack on some of my parents' dinner (they were apparently starving waiting for me). Saturday was mostly cloudy, so we spent the bulk of the day on the porch talking, reading, walking around the yard looking at Mom's gardens, the apple trees, etc. Our lunch ritual is playing cards, and we have started to play penny poker. Each of us has our own container for pennies, clearly labeled with our names on both the side and the lids (as a joke, me and my Dad switched one of our containers with my mom's, who by far has the greatest amount of pennies because she had a ton of them to start with; after that, she labeled both the lid and container itself).

In the afternoon, we headed over to one of my uncle's birthday party and had crawfish and seafood on top of all the other foods that were brought. I had never tasted crawfish before, and my only real experience with them is having one as a pet for a while (I think it had to do with school...). It was really good meat - very rich and bite-size. When we got home again, Pokey was very excited (we had abandoned her to go to the party).

This morning, we took the boat down to Three Island before it really started to get hot. My parents both fished, and let's just say that the big fish weren't really biting. I was quite content taking pictures and starting a new book. I just started Dave Barry's Big Trouble since I finished One for the Money by Janet Evanovich Saturday night. I really liked reading Stephanie Plum's "adventure." Good pick Kimmi! As for Big Trouble, I have already seen the movie with Chris, which was really funny. But books tend to be better than movies, so I'm already enjoying this one a lot. My favorite character thus far is Roger, the dog, who loves all people because they might give him food - reminds me of a dog I know...

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from this weekend:

1 comment:

gina said...

stephanie is definitely amusing - you must now read the whole series. they are all funny.

love the pic of pokey on the boat!