11 June 2007

Michelle the Knitter

I've done it! I completed my first project! A lovely scarf, that's wider on one end (my knitting styles changed throughout the course of the project - I started knitting much looser with the second skein). Nevertheless, I find it to be a work of art! And yes, I knitted the whole thing without any neat patterns. I figured I can get away with it since it's my first scarf. Here's a picture:



And here's me modeling it - keep in mind that I'm braving 90+ degree weather to bring you this picture:

So thanks Gina for teaching me how to knit, and thanks to Kimmi for letting me borrow her knitting book. I have to say that I have become an expert at ripping these apart and redoing them. I made tons of mistakes, and yet it ended up ok.

What's my next project you ask? While I was getting the second skein for this scarf, I happened to find four skeins of a fuschia that perfectly matches the colors in my quilt. You know what's on my mind: a blanket! I know that it will take FOREVER, and I'm not even sure how big it will end up being, but it will look gorgeous no matter what and it will give me something to do :)

2 comments:

gina said...

congrats :) i am totally addicted. i promise that i will help you with whatever else you decide to do, and if i don't get it, we'll find someone who does! good times. knitting in the round (or on a circular) and crochet are good next steps :) i am planning to do something with embroidery, sewing, or quilting this summer - i would love to be able to make some of my own clothing, and things for my house.

as for books, i am going to send you an invite for goodreads.com - it's an online book club!

Christopher Mitchell said...

Awesome! Congrats!