I am still really happy that I'm done with school. It's a great feeling to put in eight hours a day and be able to leave everything behind at my desk. I feel like I have so much free time, and at the same time it feels like I don't; I don't think one can ever be fully satisfied. I love how much reading I've been able to do. Right now I'm reading a book that Chris gave me: Buddhism: Plain & Simple. It's all about how we all have many worries in our lives, and it's about seeing these worries for what they are and realize that we can never be rid of worry; that's our reality. It's all about truly seeing reality and truth. And for some of my truth: I thought The Poisonwood Bible was an excellent book and highly recommend it.
Tonight I spent time with Kimmi before her trip to Maui! She is going to be in a triathlon on Sunday, so please send her some good vibes! We made dinner and watched It Happened One Night, a 1934 movie starring Clark Gable and Caludette Colbert. I had watched it in one of my undergrad classes and loved it. It's a comedic love story - good stuff.
I also brought my bike in to get some new tires and after testing them out, I've decided that more work has to be done on it. I think I'll call the bike shop tomorrow to see what it will cost. I'm having some trouble with the gears and the brakes since the brakes more or less just slow me down some rather than bringing me to a stop. Hee hee - I'm thinking that could be a problem down the road...But I'm being safe (don't worry Mom).
06 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment