The park reserve back behind my aunt and uncle's house is awesome. There are many miles of trails all connected throughout it, and I'm having a lot of fun exploring and figuring out how to get around. Tonight, after it cooled down a bit, I decided to go for a bike ride (I was itching to do something active). Since my bike is still in the shop, I borrowed my uncle's and headed out.
I have gotten down a really good hour-long ride, but I decided to go the opposite direction since I had no idea where it ended up. It turned out to be a perfect ride because it was flatter and mostly shaded the first half, and the temperatures had dropped enough by the time I got to the second and more hilly half. If anyone wants to head up here sometime to check it out, let me know.
In other news, I am reading Guns, Germs, and Steel (finally). I started it while I was still in school and had to abandon it soon after. I'm glad I'm reading it now so that I can actually enjoy it. I just got through the part where the author is discussing the movement towards domestic agriculture and why some areas moved to farming while others remained hunter-gatherers. Interesting stuff.
And another thing: I'm not a big fan of the heat. Luckily I work in an air-conditioned building and ride air-conditioned buses (I'm so spoiled). The air definitely is not working at home though - last night we all suffered through a night of horrid heat with the windows closed while thinking the air would come on. It never did, and it was miserable. Yes we turned it on!
So back to reading I go!
12 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heat? Try braving it without regular showers!
Post a Comment