So why am I inside blogging? haha For the first night in what seems like forever it actually felt cool enough for me to go for a bike ride and it was beautiful weather. After my ride, I sat outside for quite a while reading The Places in Between by Rory Stewart. I just started it last night, and I am liking it a lot. It is Stewart's account of his walk across Afghanistan in 2002. He has a way of writing that feels very natural to me; it's difficult to explain. Let's just keep it simple and say that I like the way he writes.
I had first read about Steward in a National Geographic Adventure magazine when me and Chris were on our way to Iowa, and it made me go out and track down one of his books as soon as I could. I like the feeling that I get when I'm reading about his journey, but of course I can't explain it. But maybe that's a good thing.
Besides finally venturing outside, I have been working on my knitting project. The throw is coming along nicely, although I had to fix my mistake of adding a stitch. I should have known not to attempt to knit when I was tired! But it worked out well because that way I won't forget the easier way of undoing my work.
Here's the big news though: I'm cutting my hair tomorrow night. After toying around with the idea for the past couple of weeks and consulting my mom and friends, I have decided to cut it. This is a kind-of-but-not-really big deal because I have basically keep my hair long because I like it. But I've decided that I just don't want to have to spend as much time blowing drying it and curling it for work every morning. I long for the days when I used to be able to spray gel in my hair and forget about it.
I'll post a picture when I get it done so that people can gasp "Oh my God!" and then tell me how good it looks (even if they're lying). Maybe I should do the funny before and after shots. I'm planning on having it cut to about my collarbone and layered up from there. It will likely still be considered long by a lot of people, but for me, that will be short. And it is completely ridiculous that I have written this much about it, so I'm going to stop now. Have a good night!
27 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment