I am so excited! Banjo and I went for a long walk today, and afterward, I chased him around the yard a bit. While playing, I noticed some green starting to appear: the day lilies are starting to come up! Then I looked a bit closer and noticed the honeysuckle are starting to come up too! After that, I started noticing little plants all over the place!
The funny thing is there is still some snow in the backyard (where the sun doesn't hit). It's looking out of place though, which brightens my day :) I'm planning on starting the spring clean-up this weekend. There's plenty to do because it seems to me I got a bit lazy with raking towards the end of fall last year, so there are plenty of leaves to rake up. I'm most excited about uncovering the flower beds! Banjo's excited about everything - he loves the warmer weather. He started just sitting outside for the fun of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yay! we did our spring tour of the backyard this week too (or several) - crocuses are blooming, ramps & daffodils are coming up (even one tulip!), and most of the snow in the back is gone. we still have a lot in the front, but that enormous pile will take a while to melt...
the boys are enjoying the backyard too - though i think we'll take them to my mom this weekend, which will cut down on mud transfer. :) perry is canning the syrup today!
Check your email for pic of my crocus
Post a Comment