Even though it feels like the day went by in a blur, I actually feel like I've accomplished something. This is fantastic news for me since I was sick for about a week-and-a-half. I was completely drained of energy and got tired walking around my house. Luckily work was a little bit slower than it has been the past couple of months, so I was able to scrap by.
Today I played with spray paint. This is my first attempt at using it and I am even more impressed with those that create the graffiti works of art (not so much for those that just tag stuff). I am painting the re-purposed Smurf-blue rain barrel I bought/made last year beige. I think the neighbors will be pleased since they had to look at it through their patio window all summer. The first coat is on and looking much more neutral.
The other exciting thing was we picked up a compost bin. We've had one made out of a metal trash can for 2-3 years now, but I failed to think of how I would not only turn the compost at the bottom of the bin, but how I would get compost out of it. I'm super excited about this new compost bin because it's much larger, has an open bottom and it has a slot at the bottom to turn over the compost and to scoop out the finished compost.
It's been really fun seeing all the plants coming up. The day lilies in back are really tall now, as are the columbine I planted last spring. The lilacs have buds all over and the lilies of the valley are finally starting to poke up. The rhubarb out front is growing a lot and the hostas are starting to peak up out of the ground. I'm hoping the nice weather sticks around a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you are feeling better.
Yay for feeling better and being productive! Sorry to miss our lunch :) we'll have to meet up soon!
Post a Comment