10 April 2011

Hello muscles I haven't used all winter

I did the bulk of the spring clean-up yesterday in anticipation of the crazy thunderstorm that I slept through last night. I left quite a few leaves on the ground before the first snow last year out of laziness and lots of leaves in the flower beds out of planning, which meant I had plenty to clean up. Last year, I cleared out the flower beds too late - everything was a few inches tall which meant I had to be extra careful not to rip out the fragile plants.

Given all the bending over, picking leaves up, raking, hauling, etc, my muscles decided to revolt this morning. I groaned getting out of bed. The back of my legs are killing me and I'm walking like a zombie (luckily I don't have the urge to eat brains). I've been taking Ibuprofen, stretching, and had Chris make me a protein shake in order to start combating the soreness. I'm really nervous for tomorrow morning (it's always worse the second day for me at least).

All the pain is totally worth it. Not only is it great to uncover all the little plants that are growing like mad, I am getting inspired about all the garden plans I thought I was going to work on over the winter. Good weekend!

No comments: