02 April 2011

Ecstatic for spring

I am getting more and more anxious to get working out in the yard. The bulk of the snow is now gone, which is fantastic, but I have been ready to start working on the yard for the past month. Come on spring!

In the meantime, I've been knitting lots of baby stuff. I just finished a baby blanket for my friend/coworker. I didn't expect it to be so large and of course it took me almost a month to knit. I put the finishing touches on last night, and her baby shower is this morning. Cutting it a bit close, I know.

Now that I have that done, I have to finish Chris's socks that I started way back when. I am ready for a small break from knitting though. I really want to work on the yard!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Neat - how big did it end up being? What no throw for Rhett for a wedding present?

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful! Very contemporary. If it is oversized, the baby can keep using it as it grows thru all the kid stages, or as a TV snuggle blanket.

Aunty C

gina said...

May have taken longer than you expected, but it turned out lovely! I bet it was very well received :). I am SO ready for spring too - we've been mapling, and the bulbs are starting to come up. Daffodils and crocuses :) ready for some green.

We have a lot of landscaping to do this summer, too.. We'll see how it goes. Off to plant our pots today at the greenhouse - should have a good start on the flowers and tomatoes! Esp since around Mothers Day (when we pick them up), I expect to be otherwise distracted...