05 December 2009

Officially winter

It's been quite chilly - kind of surprising actually. All of a sudden it really is winter. There's a dusting of snow on the ground and the wind's got some bite to it.

I starting decorating for Christmas with the help of my mom. She came down to go wedding dress shopping with me. After some discussion, we decided it would be best to not set up the big tree (which apparently is not eight-foot-tall) and instead, set up the small tree on a table or something. I decided to set up our little tree on the buffet in the dining room to ensure Banjo's inability to eat any ornaments. I decorated the chandelier too and I realized how much I actually like having that.


I also love having our fireplace. Not only have we had a fire at least every other night, I got to decorate the mantel (pictures to come). Banjo got to enjoy a lovely raw bone as we worked since he was in the mood to steal a small bottle of lotion out of my mom's purse to say "pay attention to me!". It kept him out of trouble since my playing with him didn't cut it.

No comments: