I've been putting off taking him into the vet to get his nails trimmed. So after we discovered how much fun he has in the cold, at Chris's prompting, we took him in. Crazypants gets freaked the minute you go into a place that smells like a lot of different dogs. He gets more freaked out when you clamp his jaws shut with the muzzle - he likes to have the ability to bite! But he was a really good puppy: even though he fought getting the muzzle put on him like a two-year old fighting whatever it is they fight, Banjo didn't growl at Chris or bite him at all, even though Chris had his hands around Crazy's neck and collar and everything. Very impressive.
After Puppy got weighted and stuff, they took him in the back room. Chris and I got to read posters about genetic testing (What mix is your dog?) and care for senior dogs. While we enjoyed the fine literature, Banjo was scared shitless...literally. The tech came back in the room and informed us that Banjo would be good for a while and that we shouldn't worry if his stool is soft for a bit. I can't stop giggling about that!
We also asked about how Banjo handles the cold. We were thinking he had arthritis and were wondering if we needed to give him meds. The vet looked at a video I took of Banjo, and she exclaimed "He needs booties." So I'm going to knit my puppy some booties (although I can't find a knitting pattern online to speak of - so I'm going to modify baby booties...how cute). We'll see if Crazy allows them to be put on his feet. That will be interesting.
We also have the option of giving Banjo glucosamine (just like his Daddy!) or doggy aspirin. Hee hee. Banjo was extremely excited to be leaving the room and was ecstatic when Chris took the muzzle off. Even though he was still in the lobby of the vet's office, Banjo was back to himself and was asking me and Chris if it was time to leave yet. He was a good boy :)
11 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See - baby steps! He is improving in little ways all the time. Glad to hear he doesn't have the joint problems. Tell him Grandma says Hi
Post a Comment