09 December 2009

Puppy does not like the cold

We found out something new about Banjo: he does not like the cold. His back legs give into an arthritic bowlegged hop after a minute in the kind of weather we've been having. The poor thing bounds through the snow as soon as he gets out the door, does his business as quickly as possible and crawls up the stairs on three legs as quickly as possible.

I also found out that puppy does not like having things put over his head. In his goody bag that came with him upon adoption were two doggy sweaters (I hate doggy sweaters in general, but I thought it might be a good thing for Crazy). Turns out he doesn't like a person coming at him with clothing. I'm guessing he thinks it's the muzzle (hee hee). He hates when you take away his ability to bite!

I've been trying to think of a solution, one being I knit him a sweater that doesn't require me putting something over his head, but rather something that wraps around his underside, with a buckle or something, so it's more like snuggling in a blanket rather than torture.

Banjo's solution: hold it until spring.

No comments: