Over the past weekend, I headed up north with my aunts. We met my mom in Duluth and spent a day enjoying the north shore...and Betty's Pies of course :)
We spent the rest of the relaxing weekend at my parents' house. I took some more tubs of my younger days stuff from my mom's future craft room (I hope) and my aunt Connie, who drove, was happy to help haul stuff down (thanks again!). We all ate so much delicious food - the soup, the turkey and potatoes, the coffee cake and muffins...mmmmmm........Chris got to enjoy some leftovers and he is grateful.
I had a great time joking around with Dad - I try to keep up with his sarcastic humor as best I can, but usually roll with laughter trying! I fell asleep during a scary movie...oops. It happens every time I try to watch a movie in the evening at my parents; their furniture is way too comfortable and the blankets are too cozy. I loved seeing Pokey and Pokey was ecstatic I didn't bring Banjo. She got me all to herself and no battle scars were forged.
I missed my boys though. Banjo went crazy when I got home and that made me feel really good. I was also greeted with the prospect of staining. I was planning on starting Sunday when we got back, but Chris was so excited about our TV (and the fact I was back home I think) that we spent the night on the couch. Side note: we bought a used high-def TV from our friends in Chaska - thanks again!
I finished staining the bookshelves last night instead. Because of the nice weather, I was able to have really really good circulation in the basement once again. Now on to the varnish! I thought I had talked Chris into doing that all himself, but he's trying to tell me we agreed to do it together so that it gets done faster. I'm still skeptical and have said so. I did a decent job on the staining (my first project) although there is plenty of room for improvement.
In other news, our radiator in the livingroom started to squirt a small stream of water last night (I think that's the first time it's done that anyway). We submitted a claim to the home warranty place and they sent a company out to fix it right away. Of course they can't completely fix it because that radiator needs to be replaced - the crack is in the middle of the column. Since a temporary fix would be expensive and not covered, we have elected to go without our radiator heat until they find a replacement. My coworker is going to let us borrow her space heater luckily, and I'm hoping it doesn't take too long given the cooling temps. I'm pretty damn excited that we will only have to pay the $100 deductible to get it replaced and that this didn't happen in January!
In a very special note, Chris and I celebrated our three-year anniversary last week and I look forward to MANY years more :)
20 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Glad to hear you will get the heat fixed under warranty. Good to see you again - keep in touch. Love Mom
Congratulations on your anniversary. You must have saintage in your blood...
Post a Comment