One of the first problems we ran into when we moved in was our inability to get our boxspring up the stairs. Ever since we moved in, we've been sleeping on our mattress on the floor, which Banjo has loved because he's had easy access. That will soon change!
I have to admit that helping Chris get that upstairs just now was not good on my hungover self. Apparently a glass of red wine is enough to make me feel hungover. I'm trying to tell myself that it wasn't the wine so much as not enough sleep over the past few days. We went to Mary and Greg's housewarming party last night and I had fun and didn't get to bed until midnight which, for anyone that knows me, knows that's really late for me! LAME. I really enjoyed seeing old friends, although I was disappointed that one failed to bring his eleven bodyguards.
In my knitting world, I am very close to being completely done with finishing Chris's stocking. That means I have my dad's to finish yet, but I don't expect that to take even half as long as Chris's did. It was that damn Eagle on Chris's that has made it so difficult, but I'm quite proud of the results especially since I charted that damn Eagle's head myself (yes I am bragging, but I feel like I'm entitled to).
I have already heard someone's disappointment in learning that she would likely not get a stocking this year. Don't worry Kim. You will get a stocking soon (FYI: soon means within three years...hee hee). I will post proud pictures yet again when I finish last year's stockings. My goal is to get them done before Thanksgiving. That will give me plenty of time to procrastinate and scramble at the last minute Christmas Eve.
I am also working on a scarf for myself - it's the Snowflake Scarf pattern from Interweave Knits. The colors match my orange winter jacket and I'm really excited to get it finished, even though I'm not even a third of the way done. I hope to get it done around Thanksgiving too. What I've really been wanting to do is to line up all of the projects I want to get done because right now I feel like I can't concentrate - too many potential projects!!!
A lot of my yarn is not dedicated to a specific project, and I am starting to think I should try to dedicate most of those lovely skeins. I might help me focus and would give me a sense of accomplishment as I cross finished projects off the list. The funny thing is I started a drawer of UFOs (Unfinished Objects) which know contains the stockings, a mitten without a partner, a baby blanket that needs to be blocked and some baby booties. I have a strong feeling I'm going to be adding to that drawer instead of pulling stuff out, but let's hope that's not the case.
My hungover self is now going to do something else...maybe a shower...maybe a power nap...maybe mindlessly staring at the computer screen...
04 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You must be busy - how about some new pics?
Post a Comment