As some of you know, I have been worried about the potential loss of my job for about a month now given the cuts the City is facing from the State. I have been talking to my boss about it over that time because I'm in a unique position in which I could get bumped out by someone else who has held the position (which is luckily only a couple of people, neither of which are on the chopping block).
I'm not out of the woods quite yet though since there is a possibility that one of those people could potentially get bumped, and subsequently could bump me out of my job, but I'm keeping my hopes up that that won't happen. Either way we will all know likely in April the status of everyone.
So hooray for me today! Besides that, we're of course still really busy. I am going to be in the community meetings held by the Mayor on February 9th and 10th, which will be extremely interesting for me since these will be my first community meetings. I don't think I will be presenting, but I am putting together some of the materials. I will get to see my work in action!
As you can tell, I'm in much better spirits since I know my position will not be cut in 2009. Given the LGA cuts the City will receive in 2010, there will be discussions throughout the City on how to handle those, but for now I have a job :)
28 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good News! Now relax - Love Mom
Post a Comment