10 January 2009

Fish and Rocker

I had the brilliant idea of getting a fish. A guppy to be precise. The reason is because I desperately want a dog, but I think that an apartment would be too small of space of the type of dog(s) I want and not having a backyard for them to play in is a problem. So I decided to try to fill the gap a bit by getting a fish.

I started out buying two guppies yesterday, and unfortunately one when belly-up overnight. Apparently I put it through way too much shock. Already I'm failing! But it's ok (tear, sniffle).

The other exciting purchase I made today was getting myself a rocking chair. I've been looking for a couple of months, thinking about what I wanted. Today I finally walked down to the antique shop at the end of Selby that often has a bunch of furniture outside; I figured that was the place to go to find a rocker.

I walked in and looked around a bit. There were a lot of different chairs and different rockers too. I found one hanging along the ceiling. It doesn't have arms, made of oak, and is in kind of rough shape (lots of scratches and the seat is messed up a bit), but it's solid, quite light, and is usable (fixing the seat is an option). It was a great price and I carried it home with pride. I'm excited to knit and read in it!

No comments: