06 December 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

During this day of cleaning/gift ordering/semi-failed bread-making/knitting (I'll stop now), I also decorated for Christmas! I put up the small tree with all my ornaments and put out a few other decorations. There appears to be a theme in most all of my favorite Christmas decorations: mice! No surprise to anyone.

Speaking of mice, I am dying to watch A Muppet Christmas Carol, on of my all-time favorite movies. My parents got it for me on DVD last Christmas, and I think I watched it between three and four times when we got home :) I'm waiting to watch it with Chris though because then it will really feel like Christmas. I did listen to the soundtrack though (couldn't resist).

I'm working on Chris's stocking, which I'm still doing in secret. That has limited the amount of time I can spend on it though because if I want to work on it when he's home, I have to shut myself in the bedroom which kind of sucks. But it will be a good surprise and I really hope he likes it!

I got a breadmaker (I forgot to thank you for that Connie!). I tried it out this morning, and since I didn't have dry milk like the basic white bread recipe called for, I tried regular milk and hoped for the best. The loaf didn't rise like it should have (I'm pretty sure all of the ingredients were at room temperature) and it tasted a bit salty, so I'll give it another go in a few days. The smell of baking bread is the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Er...so Chris does not read your blog? Quote: "I'm working on Chris's stocking, which I'm still doing in secret. That has limited the amount of time I can spend on it though because if I want to work on it when he's home"

We missed you on cookie day - we left the dishes for you, though. :-)

Anonymous said...

Did you remember to leave out the water if you used real milk instead of the powdered? Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of kitchen potpourri that smells like baking bread!